Friday, September 25, 2009

Is what might have been just too hard to forget?

There is a song by Jason Aldean off his Relentless album, that will always remind me of my ex. The song is called Do You Wish It Was Me. This song to this day brings me to tears. It just fits he and I. The lyrics just fit. Part of that is because I thought I would ALWAYS wish it was him. And I have spent 2 1/2 years wishing it was him. But in the last two months or so, that has all changed. I will always love him, more than any man I have ever loved but I don't wish it was him. I know he is bad for me. There are many reasons why. A former friend of mine put it best, she said that some people are just bad at their core, and she believed he was one of them, that he would never love another person beside himself. And I totally agree with that.And now I find it hilarious, no not the right word....I am not sure what the word is....that he has been having a fit to get me to spend time with him. Before I got to this place, I would have jumped at the chance to spend time with him but not anymore. Because I no longer wish it was him. And what might have been is forgotten, at least on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment